Located in the pretty village of Hingham in Norfolk, Richard Behr (UK) Limited has been trading since 1988. Originally based in Surrey (hence the brand name "Surrey Down") we moved to Hall Farm, Hingham in 1996. We are the British arm of the global natural bedding company Richard Behr & Co., established in 1917, still being owned by the same family with its head office and manufacturing facility located in Hamburg, Germany. The company combines 100 years of manufacturing expertise with industry knowledge across a large spectrum; from the individual purchase to providing natural bedding to over 1000 hotels globally. Hotel customers include, Marriott International (Marriott, Renaissance, JW Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Bvlgari, EDITION, etc.) - who awarded us the Best Global Vendor Award 2011 and 2014 - Hilton, Six Senses and Hyatt amongst many others. We also supply 5 Star hotel quality products onto the UK domestic market too! With customers such as Harrods (30+ years), Feather&Black, Wayfair and Woods of Harrogate. So whether you are a person looking for a cosy night's sleep or a large hotel chain wanting a quality product, this family run company can provide.
Most important facts:
- As part of Richard Behr & Co. we have 100 years of experience.
- We are 100% family owned, and now in the fourth generation.
- Independently audited Traceability of Feather and Down.
- We use no materials from live-plucked or stuffed animals and are Downpass 2017 and RDS compliant.
- BSCI Member (Business Social Compliance Initiative) for improving social standards, work standars and ethical standards in risky countries.
- Sustainable production of natural products ,,Made in Germany" with the use of regrowable and bio-degradable raw materials.
- BEPI Member (Business Environmental Performance Initiative) Saving resources in production with the use of our own heat-power-plant, water recycling, 100% renewable electricty and member of the European Green Light Initiative.
- Fillings and fabrics certified Oeko Tex Standard 100 and thus proven to not emit any harmful substances.
- We stick to the most ecological production standards.
- Products suitable for dustmite allergy sufferers and NOMITE labelled.
- Continuous investment into the most modern machines, logistics- and distribution-facilities and partner network around the world.
- Internal, EDFA approved laboratory for checking raw material standards and guaranteeing quality products.
- Highly motivated expert staff, low fluctuation and often decades and generations of company affiliation to drive quality and consistent global strategy.